The MRRT aircraft is a tanker aircraft used by the RAAF to refuel aircraft mid air. The model is designed to refuel fighter aircraft such as the FA-18 or the F-14 Tomcat. The center line refuelling probe, or the right hand wing probe can be used, using the keys to line up the aircraft with the fighters. The fighters couple with the rear of the MRRT and best operations are on a straight section of track.
To start the aircraft, use the B key. To deploy the center fuel probe, use the V key. The aircraft will lift above the track to line up with the refuelling connection on the fighters, and extend the center probe.
To refuel from the wing probe, first use the V key to lit the aircraft, then the H key to move the aircraft so the probe aligns with the track center line, and with the fighter probe connection. The fighters will couple with the rear of the tanker, after simulated refuelling, uncouple the fighter. Place a track trigger set to setting 10 to deploy the probe on the fighter.
The model has a number of animations activated by keys or trigger settings:
- The B key starts the engines, the engines start up in sequence;
- Deploy the center fuel probe using the V key- the aircraft lifts higher to refuel and deploys the rear probe;
- Deploy the wing fuel probes, use the H key after using the V key – the aircraft moves sideways and aligns for refuelling;
- Issue smoke from the tyres on landing (setting 4);
- Operate flaps, trigger setting 8;
- Use reverse thrust on engines for 10 seconds on landing, trigger setting 13;
- Additional trigger setting can slow speed for landing (setting 14, and stop the aircraft after landing (setting 9).
|Airbus A330-MRRT Tanker||kuid2:60238:9814:1|
|Aircraft Action Trigger||kuid2:76656:24050:1|