The Caravelle was the first short/medium-range jet airliner produced by the French Sud Aviation firm in 1955. It was one of the most successful European first generation jetliners. The Caravelle featured the aft-mounted-engines, and a clean-wing design.
The aircraft has an automatically operating landing gear. This retracts at takeoff speed (240 kph) set in the script. It lowers at speeds below 240kph. The flaps operate automatically after rolling and up to 2oo kph. The speeds for tilting, flap retraction and landing gear retraction on takeoff may be altered in the string table of the config file – speeds are in kph.
It does not have an operating interior, but does have various exterior views based on an invisible interior, use the [ and ] keys from the interior view.
The Caravelle III Air France model for Trainz is a startup version, using the B keys to start engines. The Aircraft Action Trigger can be placed on the track to operate the animations.
The model has a number of animations activated by keys or trigger settings:
- The B key starts the engines, the engines start up in sequence;
- The V key flares the aircraft for landing;
- The flaps operate automatically at speeds below 200 kph;
- Issue smoke from the tyres on landing (trigger setting 4);
- Use reverse thrust on engines for 10 seconds trigger setting 13;
- Additional trigger setting can slow speed for landing (trigger setting 14, and stop the aircraft after landing (trigger setting 9).
|Caravelle Se 210||kuid2:60238:9822:1|
|Aircraft Action Trigger||kuid2:76656:24050:1|