The Vickers VC10 K3 is a conversion from the commercial VC10 British aircraft for service in the RAF as a mid air refuelling tanker aircraft. The model will couple with aircraft such as the FA-18 and the F14 Tomcat using the wing refuelling probe.
To start the aircraft, use the B key. To deploy the wing fuel probes, use the V key. The aircraft will lift above the track and move to the left to line up with the refuelling connection on the fighters, and extend the probes. The fighters will couple with the rear of the tanker, after simulated refuelling, uncouple the fighter. Place a track trigger set to setting 10 to deploy the probe on the fighter.
The model has a number of animations activated by keys or trigger settings:
- The B key starts the engines, the engines start up in sequence;
- Deploy the wing fuel probes, use the V key – the aircraft moves sideways and aligns for refuelling;
- Issue smoke from the tyres on landing (setting 4);
- Operate flaps, trigger setting 8;
- Additional trigger setting can slow speed for landing (setting 14, and stop the aircraft after landing (setting 9).
|VC10 K3 Tanker||kuid2:60238:9748:2|
|Aircraft Action Trigger||kuid2:76656:24050:1|